ART and wellbeing documented the experience of three groups who took part in a pilot programme of visual arts taster workshops, which included sessions on:
- Learning how to draw the proportions of the human face
- Exploring mono and screenprinting techniques
- Working in 3D with Modroc and clay
The pilot provided participants with the opportunity to reflect on the experience, enabling them to contribute to the design and co-production of a future arts and wellbeing service.
A series of 3 questions were explored:
- What are the intrinsic benefits of creativity?
- How can the arts contribute to wellbeing?
- What would an arts and wellbeing service look like?
The project will result in an exhibition of selected visual artwork created by the participants and a short documentary film, which can be used to inform the development of an art and wellbeing service.
Featured image and other galleries show a selection of work produced in the workshops.